Winterlight is currently seeking a neuroscientist to oversee our internal and external projects in neurodegeneration, including our work in Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment and frontotemporal dementia.
Role & Responsibilities
- Developing research protocols for both internal and external projects
- Serving as lead investigator for clinical R&D projects in neurodegeneration
- Managing IRB submissions and requirements
- Tracking and applying for relevant grants that would help Winterlight collect more data and validate its algorithms in these disease areas.
- Writing, submitting and presenting conference abstracts locally and internationally
- Leading the creation of peer-reviewed publications for internal clinical R&D projects
- Working collaboratively with the management and product teams to identify and execute on important areas of clinical R&D
- Being an expert on Winterlight’s neurodegeneration biomarkers, presenting data to life science partners and supporting the sales team
- Acting as the primary liaison and managing relationships between Winterlight and our life science partners working in neurodegeneration
- Working with the product team to scope the development of feature requests from partners
- Supervising junior, part-time scientists and research coordinators.
- A PhD in cognitive neuroscience, ideally with a focus in neurodegenerative disorders (e.g. Alzheimer’s, FTD, MCI) and aging
- Familiarity with neuropsychological and cognitive testing, ability to administer standard cognitive assessments is a significant asset
- Multiple recent publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Extensive contacts with key opinion leaders within the field
- Ability to travel once per month for conferences and meeting with clients
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, startup environment
Winterlight Labs is a fast growing startup based in Toronto that is developing digital biomarkers to measure neurological and psychiatric conditions. Our machine learning based technology analyzes both the acoustics and content of speech and language, to help identify disease and quantify its severity. We work with life science companies, academia, and senior care companies to improve clinical trials, quality of care, and health outcomes.