We are seeking a research assistant to help support both our internal and external research programs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Recruitment, screening and scheduling of research participants for study visits
- Conducting research study visits for our normative data collection studies, both in office and remotely in participant’s homes
- Supporting the Science team by conducting literature reviews, submitting ethics applications, assisting with preparation of grants, RFPs, research protocols, conference abstracts, posters and scientific publications
- Supporting the Machine Learning team by categorizing and labeling training datasets
- Periodically checking audio samples, transcripts and other outputs for data quality assurance
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, neuroscience or related discipline, and ideally completion of an undergraduate thesis
- Familiarity with neuropsychological and cognitive testing, ability to administer standard cognitive assessments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Direct experience working with patients with psychiatric or neurodegenerative disorders is a significant asset
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, startup environment
Winterlight Labs is a fast growing startup based in Toronto that is developing digital biomarkers to measure neurological and psychiatric conditions. Our machine learning based technology analyzes both the acoustics and content of speech and language, to help identify disease and quantify its severity. We work with life science companies, academia, and senior care companies to improve clinical trials, quality of care, and health outcomes.